Tuesday 24 September 2013

My Book Review


Rating: ***** 


By the River
by Steven Herrick


Hey, now here I am going to introduce to you the book " BY THE RIVER " by Steven Herrick.

First of all there was a father in a hospital. He couldn't believe it, that his friend slipped on a banana and broke his nuts. Impossible, he said but his friend showed him the converse.  He took a patch of daisies, but he wasn't alone. No, there was me, Uncle Filps, Mum, Dad and the always drunk aunty Nancy. 
Someone, sometimes he had the thought that it would happen to him. Just the thought about it, made him weak. His mood changes were like a storm season. Sometimes he screams and sometimes he shouts.
But everything changed when the hot doctor came in and greeted him. His eyes only focused on her face and they talked and laughed.
Two years later, Harry was born.....

Attention
When you read the text below you are probably going to like this book - I'm not showing off!!!!

I think this book is so awesome that I can't even explain how awesome it is :) 
Even if you haven't dealt with same problem before, like the guy who broke his nuts, the book makes it really easy to understand what the characters are going through. I was able to compassion a little bit. ^.^
Whenever I started to read the verse novel, I got so drawn into the book that I could create intensive movies in my head of what was going on and what each of the characters was doing or thinking about. I never got bored, I felt as if I was sitting there with the characters, so smooth was the flow of the poem. If you are ready for an emotional roller coaster (and it does not get you down too much) than read this verse novel. You wouldn't regret it!!

TEEEHHEEEEEEE! 

Written by Luzhen Gong


4 comments:

  1. nice written!
    but why did you write TEHEEEEE at the end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice written!
    but why did you write TEHEEEEE at the end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Why you make so much !!!! ?
    2. Like Niko said...
    Your book review make me to read this book now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I would like to point out that I am very impressed by the length of your book report and I appreciate your adding a spoiler alert. Furthermore, I really enjoyed reading about all the tiny details you added to the skeleton of a story we worked with in class.
    I would argue that it isn't merely your entertaining description of your own opinion but these exact details that make Niko and Roxy (and myself) want to read your version of the book now. Maybe you should think about a career as a writer.

    Maybe you can explain what "teeheee" stands for.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.