Saturday 14 September 2013

Australia- A great country

Last year my family and I were in Australia. Australia is between the Pacific and the Indian Ocean and it is the sixth biggest country in the world. More than 22 million people live in Australia and 80%  of  them in the east coast around Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra. We traveled to Sydney by plane, to the Australian district New South Wales. At first we visited the Opera House. There we saw the opera " Die Zauberflöte " from Mozart. Then we walked on the Harbour Bridge where we had a great view of the Harbour Cruise. On our last day in Sydney we went shopping. The following day we drove by a hired car to the Ayers Rock in the desert of Australia. My dad and I climbed up the rock and there we saw many kangaroos with little babies in their bags. My mother and my sister met near the Rock the Aborigines. They were very strange but also very funny. My holiday in Australia was very interesting. I think you shall go to Australia too. Unfortunately it is very hot there, but the cities and the big desert are very amazing. I really like Australia and I think I will go there once again.

1 comment:

  1. Well done for adding a personal note to your text that makes it even more enjoyable! Great job!

    Just a few things:
    - an opera BY Mozart
    - a harbour cruise is when you to a boat tour around the harbour - you probably meant tou had a great view of the harbour, right? or if you wanted to say that you had a good view from the boad it would be "a great view FROM the harbour cruise".

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.